A match made in heaven! Beautiful bright green wild garlic combines with the mild, subtle gamey-ness of partridge to create a kiev on another level!
To continue reading this content please register for our newsletter.
Please read our policy notice for details of how we use your data.
I am registered, skip this step
Make the most of delicious wild garlic with this mouth watering partridge kiev recipe.
Recipe by: Game for Anything
1. Heat the oven to 180°C
2. Trim and tidy up the partridge breasts
3. Using a small knife, insert this into the centre of the partridge breast from the thickest end to make a hole (see photo, right)
4. Place the wild garlic butter into a piping bag, ensuring the butter is soft
5. Pipe the butter into the hole you have made in the centre of the breast
Tip: Put them back into the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the butter to harden
6. In three bowls, place panko breadcrumbs, beaten eggs and seasoned flour
7. In turn, place each breast into the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs
Tip: For a great coating, put them back in the egg and add a second coating of breadcrumbs
8. In a frying pan, heat the veg oil
9. Place the breasts into the frying pan until the breadcrumb is golden, turn over and repeat on the other side
Tip: Do not add too many at once, as this will lower the temperature of the oil
10. Remove from the frying pan and place on kitchen roll to remove excess oil
11. Once all the breasts have been fried, place them in an oven tray and cook in the oven for eight minutes
A perfectly roast partridge adorned with classic, aromatic, rosemary roast potatoes; a fail safe!
Make the most of wild garlic when it's around by making some delicious wild garlic butter that can then be frozen for later use.
More information |
If you choose to block cookies some parts of this website may not operate. To block cookies please do this within your browser settings. Most browsers allow you to block cookies within their settings and we have provided links to the most commonly used browsers.
Please view our cookie details page for more information on the cookies we use.