I am booked on a driven hunt in Poland and am worried about travelling with my rifle. Would it be easier to borrow a gun over there?

DOM HOLTAM replies: If you are driving and travelling on the Eurotunnel it is very easy – just make sure you have your documents ready and your European Firearms Passport sorted. Flying can be trickier. Some carriers won’t take sporting arms, others, such as BA, Lufthansa and Easyjet will. Charges vary and there is a limit on the amount of ammunition you will be able to take: check the carrier’s website for details. The main hassle is the extra time. Get there about three hours before you want to travel and be prepared to be patient.